It has been a really great weekend, and I am feeling very blessed today!
Saturday morning I got to take the kids, along with the youth from our ward, to the Gila Valley Temple open house. Being able to go through it with our kids gave me the opportunity to talk with them about the things they saw. It was very cool, and I hope they enjoyed it as much as I did.
That evening I went to the wedding reception for Tallen Rand and his new wife, Crystal. The Rands have been good friends to us, so I definitely wanted to go, but Bret is away at school in Tennessee for a couple of weeks, and I really really didn't want to go by myself! So I'm happy and grateful that Tim and Jill, and Suzy Kartchner let me tag along with them! I really had a good time seeing the Rands again, hanging out with the Wilsons, Suzy, and the Noklebys, and seeing other friends there as well.The Wilsons and Suzy had another reception to hit first, so I crashed it and enjoyed some of their refreshments. When I met the bride she said, "Your hair looks just like mine when it's flat."... That's all I have to say about that.
And lastly, today has been one of the best Mother's Days ever! Except that Bret is out of town, but I talked to him on the phone several times, and that was nice. I'm not really sure why it qualifies as "one of the best ever," it's just been really nice. I have the best kids in the world! I don't usually tell them that, or give them the credit they deserve, but I really am blessed to have them. And they know me well enough that they didn't make me breakfast in bed! Instead, they let me sleep in (after singing and giving me presents at 5:45, ha ha!), then they straightened up the house and helped fix dinner after church. We had a fun day, because they can always, always make me laugh, usually! Except for when they make me cry, but that's a happy thing too. Usually. ;)


I'm glad you had a great Mothers Day.. and what a great experience for all of you to go through the temple. We luv you guys :0)
ReplyDelete