Thursday, September 8, 2011

Back to School

Today was the first day of school, so, like a good mother, I tried to get some first-day-of-school pictures. Jace and Jordan were less than cooperative... but Jace is a Senior this year, and Jordan is a Sophomore, so I didn't really expect much enthusiasm.

So they got a first-day-of-school video instead. I love to embarrass them.

When I called Jaxon over for his picture, he ran right over, but stopped by the sink to add a few fake tears before he posed. You can't really see them, but his look says it all. He had a really hard time not laughing though!

Hailey was her usual sweet self, excited to go to her first day of middle school, and happy to have her picture taken. :)

After school I made them their traditional first-day-of-school treat. Every year I surprise them with something different. This year I tried a new recipe for fruit smoothies... they were awesome! Take a fruit smoothie, and add a can of sweetened condensed milk.... who says fruit smoothies have to be healthy?? So, so rich and fattening, just like a first day of school treat should be, and they were a hit. The kids said we should make them every Sunday, instead of our usual Orange Julius. Now that's saying something.

Here's the recipe:

Blend together....
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2- 6 oz containers of yogurt, your choice of flavor
1 1/2 C fruit of choice
1 T lemon juice
10 or 12-ish ice cubes

The actual recipe suggested using strawberries, crushed pineapple and bananas, which I would love, but not all my kids would, so I kept it simple. One batch with strawberries, one batch with peaches. Mmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. Those boys are too funny! The treat sounds yummy we will have to try it :0)

    ReplyDelete