So, here we are in Irvine, California. It feels weird. I really like the house we are renting, and I'm starting to feel at home here, but as soon as I venture outside I feel like an outsider (ha, ha!). It's so different here. The weather is perfect, even though it's cloudy most mornings. Everything is beautiful, green, and blooming; and everywhere we go is a vacation spot.
Hanging out at Huntington Beach
Looking for critters in the tide pools on Laguna Beach
Yes, Hailey and I were cold. We still have Arizona blood, I guess!
The people here seem different than they do in Arizona. It's just a different culture, I guess. But every ward I've ever been to seems to be made up of different versions of the same people, (I mean that in the most affectionate way!) so I'm sure we'll make friends soon! Several of them live nearby, even within walking distance. It's really nice to have an instant network of friends when you move to a new place.
Our last week in Tucson was hard, but I'm so grateful for all our friends there! We got to spend the last three evenings with some of our best friends: One evening with Chris and Sherie Petersen; one with Mike and Sozel Flake, Tom and Susan McCook, and Rose Lancaster (Clint was out of town); and one with Tom and Miley Clark, and Tim and Jill Wilson. Jace and Jordan got to spend that week with their best friends at EFY, and we rarely saw Hailey and Jaxon for all the time they spent with their friends. It's so nice to know we are loved!
Rose
Mike and Sozel
Tom and Susan



Looks fun.. glad things are going well and you are getting settled. We can't wait to come and visit we are jealous that Bryce is there partying it up with you :( Have fun we luv you guys :0)
ReplyDelete