Pretty much the only thing on my mind these days is moving. With everything I do I either think, "I'm going to miss this," or "This might be the last time I do this." So sad. I don't have pictures of everything I'm going to miss, maybe I'll add more later. Here are a few:
My yard. It's not the prettiest on the block, but it's ours. Our landlords in California specifically said we cannot touch the yard - they even provide a gardener! I would so like to grow things there, where beauty seems to just spring spontaneously out of the ground. I wish they would provide a maid instead! :)
The desert. This is just up the hill past Sanctuary Cove.
More desert. Wildflowers we saw on a Jeep trip over the Gap. And, yes, snow.
Jeep trips. Maybe we can get away from people and activists enough to do this in CA...?
My Beehives
And, most of all, our friends!!
On the other hand, there are also a lot of things to look forward to:
The beach. I love the beach!
California is a beautiful state.
I love the house we will be living in. Its in a great neighborhood, with good schools, and the ward is very friendly. We feel welcome there already.






I'm excited you started a blog.. maybe I should change the other one to be my own since I will be the only one posting on it.. ha ha! We can't wait to come & visit you in Cali :0)
ReplyDeleteThere is beauty all around when there's love at home :) I like your new blog.
ReplyDeleteStelene if you want to change yours to yours we will still read it!
Thanks! We'll be waiting for you, Stelene... and anyone else who'd like to visit!
ReplyDeleteOkay, I opened the email and signed on as a captive follower of your blog, Alisa. Happy now?
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Bret!
ReplyDelete